Why Email? Why Now? - Customer Engagement (Part 3)
We’ve talked about how email marketing can build your brand and keep your budget in the black, but what is the point of all this, if you aren’t engaging with your customers in a strategic way.
Email Marketing is about relationship building.
Your emails must have a specific purpose. Make a checklist of the 5W’s:
Who is it for?
What is the goal of the email?
Where will it be viewed? (iphone, desktop, laptop)
Why should they take action?
Your call to action is the key ingredient in an email. Each email should have one specific goal.
Here are 5 tips to effective customer engagement for email marketing:
1) Personalization: Be friendly. Engage your customers with using the senders and/or recipients first name.
2) Segmentation: All emails are not equal. By dividing your email list, you can send more targeted and relevant emails resulting in higher open and click rates.
3) Effective Call to Action: Every email should focus on 1 Call to Action (CTA). Too many CTAs: download here, RSVP, Sign Up will confuse your customer.
4) Optimize for Mobile: 55% of email is now opened on a mobile device (Source: Litmus “Email Analytics” (March 2016). If your email is not mobile responsive, your customers are likely not to open your email or even worse delete it.
5) Automate your emails: Marketing automation is a software tool designed to help you create more strategic emails through segmentation, scheduling, A/B testing, and dynamic content. Through marketing automation, you can nurture prospective customers and convert them into buying your product.